Sunday, April 19, 2009

Squatters at the House of Hound

Good morning Readers, after the recent floods in SE Queensland (we received over 600mm in a few days) we awoke to find that squatters had moved onto our smaller dam near the riding school.

Dad says they are called geese and are a little bit like ducks. I had heard of geese before because I watched "A Christmas Carol" with the family last December but I had never seen one before. They are also very vocal and seem to want to echo locate each other even when they are in plain sight of one another.

Anyway I know just what to do with them - "You there boy, what day is this?" Mmmm ... goose... Ahhhh. I'm off to find my chestnut stuffing recipe.

Bye for now - Murphy.

1 comment:

Alex said...

lol- best to leave them alone, I think. If they are anything like the geese we have around here, they are quite pushy and have a bit of a temper.
Roast goose does sound good though.....